List:       soekris-tech
Subject:    Re: [Soekris] Linux on Soekris 5501
From:       Thomas Albech <soekris () nixtech ! net>
Date:       2010-02-17 11:50:07

On Tue, 2010-02-16 at 22:18 +0545, Dilli R.Maharjan wrote:
> Hello,
> I am new to Soekris device. I want to install Linux on Soekris 5501.
> Anyone, please suggest better Linux distribution and experiences on
> installation. I want to install Gentoo on it. Please share.
>
> Best Regards,
> Dilli Raj Maharjan

Gentoo is an excellent distro for building a 5501 system.
Crossdev has made cross compiling an almost trivial task. I am currently
using a busybox/uclibc setup for 4501 and 5501 boxes.
The only real problem I have encountered is that iproute2 sometimes can
be a pain to compile against uclibc. Depending on your requirements BB's
version of 'ip' might be sufficient.

--
Thomas Albech
niXtech Solutions