List:       soekris-tech
Subject:    Re: [Soekris] 802.11n card for net5501-70
From:       "Marco A. Calamari" <marcoc1 () dada ! it>
Date:       2009-11-04 13:36:39

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tue, 2009-11-03 at 11:40 +0000, optiz0r wrote:
> Hi Landry
>
> > I'm looking for a PCI or MiniPCI Wifi N card for net5501-70.
> > Someone point me to this one: D-Link DWA-547 PCI
> >
> > Does it compatible with net5501-70? Don't see any reference to it in
> > OpenBSD siteā€¦
>
> I had the same idea as you and bought the same card. Unfortunately I
> forgot to check the PCI specs. The DWA-547 is a 5v PCI card, and
> cannot
> be used with a net5501-70, which only takes 3.3V PCI cards (I think
> I've
> gotten that the right way around). In any case, the DWA-547 has the
> wrong keying, and cannot be inserted into the pci slot in the Soekris
> box.

AFAIK this is not an error; in fact the two possible keyring are the way
 you know that the voltage of PCI socket and the one of the board are
 compatible. Board can have one, the other or both keyring, depending if
 they can accept 3.3, 5 or both voltages.
The same for slot....

HTH.   Marco

--

+--------------- http://www.winstonsmith.info ---------------+
| il Progetto Winston Smith: scolleghiamo il Grande Fratello |