List:       soekris-tech
Subject:    [Soekris] Soekris 4801 and NanoBSD
From:       "Niklas Saers" <niklassaers () gmail ! com>
Date:       2006-11-30 19:10:26

Hello,
I've bought a Soekris 4801 that I'm trying to install NanoBSD on with
a 2GB CF card. My custom config has been reduced to the following two
lines after very many failed compiles and installs:

FlashDevice SanDisk 2G
customize_cmd cust_comconsole

After dd'ing it to the CF card and booting, the boot manager comes up,
giving me the option of FreeBSD on F1 and F2. Choosing F1 the FreeBSD
menu will come up counting down to 9. Letting it count down the kernel
should load and be decompressed. But after it begins to load, the
what I might be doing wrong? The documentation was written for FreeBSD
5.4 source code, and I'm using a recent cvsup from RELENG_6, so things
might have changed. Any suggestions for what I can do to push it
further?

Cheers

   Nik