List:       soekris-tech
Subject:    [Soekris]  Wifi Bridging with Metrix Pyramid
From:       Ken Caruso <ken () metrix ! net>
Date:       2006-11-14 8:08:17

 > While not the best forum for this post, due to the lack of online
 > information on Pyramid, I'm throwing this out there to see if anyone else
 > has built a Wifi AP with Metrix Pyramid on a Soekris box.  I've been
 > following the article
 > (http://pyramid.metrix.net/trac/wiki/ArticlesAndHowtos) on how to build a
 > wifi ap, but have run into a few snags.
 > I'm running pyramid 1.0b1 that I have pxe booted to a Soekris 4526.

So first thing, due to demand from users we have setup a Pyramid mailing
list:

Second, the author of that article was using a version of pyramid from
SVN trunk that has more features than 1.0b1. I am hoping to get a new
"dd" image of pyramid out this week that has all fixes and features that
are in now in SVN one of them is bits required for bridging. Your image
does not have the bridge tools installed.

-Ken
ken@metrix.net

 > Wifi is
 > provided by a Compex WLM54G High Power 802.11b/g mini PCI Card (Atheros
 > AR2413 chipset) from Netgate.  NTP servers have been set and DHCP
relay is
 > set to forward to my blue interface on IPCop for centralized DHCP service
 > and lease monitoring.  The trouble comes after I edit the
 > etc/network/interfaces file to create the bridge between ath0 and eth0.
 > Here's what I get;

 > <jkmal
 > ine@cc.hut.fi>)
 > ath_pci ath_hal: module license 'Proprietary' taints kernel.
 > ath_hal: 0.9.16.16 (AR5210, AR5211, AR5212, RF5111, RF5112, RF2413,
RF5413)