List:       soekris-tech
Subject:    [Soekris] IDE Master/Slave problems on net4801
From:       michael () nosflow ! com (Michael Wolfson)
Date:       2004-09-24 13:51:38

Any suggestions?

I used to have a Sandisk CF card wired to master and a Fujitsu HD
jumpered to slave, which wasn't a problem.  I just upgraded to a larger
Lexar CF card and it seems to be hardwired to be slave.  AFAICT,
there's no way to get both devices to work.

If I set the HD to cable select, it chooses slave and neither device
works (both slave).  If I set the HD to master then the BIOS shows both
devices, but my OS (NetBSD 2.0_RC1) only recognizes the CF card.

I've tried hard-wiring the drives in my kernel configuration file:
wd0     at atabus? drive 0 flags 0x0000
wd1     at atabus? drive 1 flags 0x0000

And the kernel still only recognizes the CF card as slave.

I'd prefer for the CF to be master and HD slave, but would settle for
the opposite.  Do I just need to go through the hassle of returning the
Lexar and attempting a different brand of CF card?

This is in a net4801 with BIOS rev 1.24.

TIA,
   -- MW