List:       soap-user
Subject:    JBoss/Tomcat and Soap setup
From:       Bruce Scharlau <scharlau () csd ! abdn ! ac ! uk>
Date:       2001-06-28 15:23:55

Hi all,

I'm setting up Soap 2-2 to work with JBoss2.2.2/Tomcat 3.2.2 and having a
hell of a time with the classpath setting in JBoss. There were a few
cryptic comments in the archives, but no clear answer as to what worked.

I've changed the run.bat file in JBoss to from the default crimson.jar xml
parser to xerces -1.4 and copied all the relevant jars into the lib
directory for JBoss, ie xerces and soap so the relevant lines in run.bat
look like this:

set
JBOSS_CLASSPATH=%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%;..\lib\xerces.jar;..\lib\soap.jar;..\lib\ext\mail.jar;..\lib\ext\activation.jar \

set
JAXP=-Djavax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
 set JAXP=%JAXP%
-Djavax.xml.parsers.SAXParserFactory=org.apache.xerces.jaxp.SAXParserFactoryImpl

echo JBOSS_CLASSPATH=%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%
java %JAXP% -classpath "%JBOSS_CLASSPATH%" org.jboss.Main %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6
%7 %8 %9

I've also changed the relevant lines in tomcat.bat to reflect xerces:

> chkClasspath
if "%CLASSPATH%" == "" goto noClasspath
set CP=%CP%;%CLASSPATH%
set CP=D:\JavaWork\xerces-1_4_1\bin\xerces.jar;%CLASSPATH;%CP%

Now when I run JBoss/Tomcat and go to
http://localhost:8080/soap/admin/index.html
I get Error: 500 as it throws an internal servlet error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax/mail/MessagingException

If I leave out the classpath for soap.jar JBoss/Tomcat/Soap runs the above
url fine, but when I try to connect to
the rpcrouter I get SOAPExceptions.

Any ideas, suggestions, etc?

Cheers,