List:       soap-user
Subject:    soap for inter-process communication
From:       Chris Rocker <chrisrocker90 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2006-04-04 21:26:45

Hello,
  I'm considering using SOAP / HTTP for inter-process communication. The reason is \
that the related processes could be located either on the same computer, or on \
separate hosts depending on the situation. In my experience, processing SOAP messages \
requires a separate server, which seems like overkill for IPC. However, using \
SOAP/HTTP (instead XML and plain sockets) seems to provide some standardization \
benefits, although I'm not completely clear on how. I guess because the applications \
will all have been configured to interact with a SOAP server.    In my experience, \
using SOAP has required a separate application server. I'd like to build this logic \
(eg., process the the HTTP, parse the soap envelope) as a separate component of our \
application instead of using an app server with all the footprint, setup and overhead \
considerations.

I'd be grateful for some guidance in this area.

Cheers,
Chris

Blab-away for as little as 1¢/min. Make  PC-to-Phone Calls using Yahoo! Messenger \
with Voice.