List:       soap-user
Subject:    Re: SOAPException Service Unknown
From:       "Scott Nichol" <snicholnews () scottnichol ! com>
Date:       2003-11-05 21:46:19

WSAD probably does not know that DeployedServices.ds exists.  That file gets created \
at run-time when the first Apache SOAP service gets created.

I don't use WSAD, so I don't know if there is some way to tell it to add that file to \
the EAR.

When I deploy an Apache SOAP based app, I do not copy the DeployedServices.ds.  I \
install the app, then run ServiceManagerClient against each DeploymentDescriptor.xml \
to install each service.  To me, that serves as an extra check that the app installed \
correctly.

Many on this list, however, do put the .ds file in their WAR or EAR files, so what \
you are doing is not particularly unusual.  Whether any of them generate an EAR from \
WSAD (as opposed to doing it manually, for instance), I do not know.

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.