List:       soap-user
Subject:    Re: problem with exception
From:       Scott Nichol <snicholnews () scottnichol ! com>
Date:       2003-03-28 22:07:44

Some information that would be useful:

What version of Apache SOAP are you using?

How does the client use Call and transport classes, e.g. does it
create a new Call for each call, does it create one
SOAPHTTPConnection that gets re-used for all calls?

Is the exception *always* "service '' unknown"?

Have you captured the messages between the client and server to
determine whether the client is sending an invalid request?

On 26 Mar 2003 at 12:15, LEONARD Benjamin wrote:

> we have an applet that connect using soap to an bea application server where
> all the services are installed.
> it work quite fine. But when one of the service throw an exception
> (SOAPException or Exception) the fault is well
> received in the applet and is managed. But after receiving this exception
> the service is not enable anymore ! !
> we receive a fault like
>
> <faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Server</faultcode>
> <faultstring>service '' unknown</faultstring>
> <faultactor>/sysAudit/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
>
> but only forthe current applet.Other clients continue to work fine !!!   Do
> someone knows what we do wrong ??????????????
> and have a way to solve the problem
>

> in the service we throw
>  public MISSION_SEARCH_VIEWData[]
> getSearchMission(HELPER_SEARCH_MISSION_VIEWData a_Data ) throws
> AUDSoapException
>     {
>

>        MISSION_SEARCH_VIEWData[] data=null;
>             try
>             {
>                 SearchMission mm = new SearchMission ();
>                 data = mm.getSearchMission ( a_Data );
>             }
>
>             catch(AUDException e)
>             {
>                 System.out.println("Exception in getSearchMission "  );
>                 e.printStackTrace ();
>
>                 throw new AUDSoapException(e);
>             }
>
>         return data;
>
> in the client
>
>  if (resp.generatedFault())
>         {
>             Fault fault = resp.getFault();
>             //throw exception if there's a problem
>             throw new SOAPException(fault.getFaultCode(),
> fault.getFaultString());
>         }
>

> Benjamin Léonard
> Software Engineer

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.