List:       soap-user
Subject:    RE: Tomcat 4.1.18, JDK 1.4.1, & Soap--the key issue found!
From:       Tim Cronin <tim () 13-colonies ! com>
Date:       2003-02-20 17:38:04

it relates to xerces as well

if you run the following you can see what default xml parser your have

class Props
{
 static public void main(String args[]) throws Exception
 {
  javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory dbf =
javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

  System.out.println(dbf.getClass().getName());

  dbf.setValidating(false);
  dbf.setNamespaceAware(true);

  javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilder db = dbf.newDocumentBuilder();

  System.out.println(db.getClass().getName());

  System.out.println(db.newDocument().getClass().getName());
 }
}

with a vanilla jdk install you will see the following

org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderFactoryImpl
org.apache.crimson.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl
org.apache.crimson.tree.XmlDocument