List:       soap-dev
Subject:    RE: Compound types and heterogeneous SOAP servers
From:       "Sahoo, Ajaya (CICG, CSSD)" <ASahoo () exchange ! ml ! com>
Date:       2001-03-30 14:25:01

Hi,

 I have successfully implemented SOAP2.1 using applications.
When I try using SOAP client from Applet, it throws an
"Access denied permission". While investigating the root of the problem,
I observed that the static method "getUniqueValue" in MimeUtils.java uses
"System.getProperty("user.name") for creating a unique value for identifying the
client and Applet can't access this System property. Does this mean, SOAP
must not be used from an Applet client. I didn't find any such documentation.
Would anyone help me out to bypass this problem and let me know whether
I should avoid using SOAP from Applet?

	Thanks,
	Ajaya K. Sahoo
	Apex w/Global Collateral Database