List:       soap-dev
Subject:    Re: WELCOME to soap-dev@xml.apache.org
From:       Scott Nichol <snicholnews () scottnichol ! com>
Date:       2002-10-31 20:55:07

> hello,
> i need help and it has been 2 hours trying to solve this problem.
> i set my /etc/profile into CLASSPATH=/usr/soap/lib/soap.jar  and then
export it (as usual) . however the problem is when i run ,
> jar -tvf soap.jar
> the message is no acrhieve found.  i init 3 to reinitialize the path
but still got the same error.

jar does not use the CLASSPATH to locate the jar file: you must specify
the path to soap.jar, i.e.

    jar -tvf /usr/soap/lib/soap.jar

> at the same time i install apache-tomcat. but didn't set anything for
CLASSPATH.
> so, i need your help to solve this problem.
> which file should i put the CLASSPATH variable. is it at
/var/tomcat4/bin/tomcat.sh or at /etc/profile ?
> i really need it urgently.

The instructions for installing Apache SOAP on Tomcat 4 are at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-soap/java/docs/install/
tomcat.html?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/html

Scott Nichol