List:       snort-users
Subject:    Re: [Snort-users] Libnet & 'resp'
From:       Fyodor <fygrave () tigerteam ! net>
Date:       2001-06-27 10:16:29

On Thu, Jun 21, 2001 at 08:13:02AM -0700, Brent Kearney wrote:

> > let me guess. This is Solaris 7 and snort 1.7 or something, right? :)
>
> Yes indeed.  The snort 1.7 binary (pkg) I installed on solaris 7 has
> been working fine for some time.  I'm now trying to get it working
> with Libnet, so I can use the 'resp' features.
>
> Is there a known problem compiling with this combo? (sol7 + snort 1.7)
> Is there a fix/workaround?

Easy way around is to edit Makefile, after it has been generated, and
remove extra -I/usr/include pieces from CFLAGS there. We fixed this
thing in cvs quite a long time ago but presumably snort 1.7 piece still
suffers from this problem (-I/usr/include parameters passed to gcc cause
this kind of problem, either bug in solaris include files, or gcc itself).