List:       snort-users
Subject:    [snort] Defrag updates.
From:       Dragos Ruiu <dr () dursec ! com>
Date:       2000-05-31 16:41:53

On Wed, 31 May 2000, Dragos Ruiu wrote:

> The status today is that it seems to be functional on Solaris, and BSD but
> doesn't work yet on Linux because of the different way it handles pcap headers.

Spoke too soon again.... the next message I read was a report from Mr. Meier
who is graciously testing it on Solaris, and it apparently puked up a core
file last night.

> Given that the defragger is at least partially functional (and may even
> be fully functional by this aft).  I think a release today should be
> a good idea.

If this latest core dump isn't severe, I'll try to keep to this.
It's sufficiently together that I should at least be able to post
a beta to the list here.

--dr

--
dursec.com ltd. / kyx.net - we're from the future    http://www.dursec.com