List:       snort-users
Subject:    [snort] Re: Looking for a couple tools...
From:       CyberPsychotic <fygrave () tigerteam ! net>
Date:       1999-08-31 9:50:24

~ Hi everyone,
~      I'm currently attempting to do some performance testing with Snort and NFR
~ and I'm having some real problems.  First off, I'm trying to test on a 100Mbps
~ LAN here in the house and I need some tools that can put a large amount of
~ packets on the wire in a short amount of time.

what about ttcp? I could also give you random packet spoofer, which I used
to play around myself for testings, but it is linux-only so far (I could
give a try to port it to Open/Free BSD though, since there isn't much
specific stuff in it).