List:       snort-users
Subject:    [Snort-users] Blocklist Problem
From:       Jim Campbell <jim () w4bqp ! net>
Date:       2021-07-26 19:54:02

I'm running Snort 3.1.4.0 as an IPS. For about the last week I've been
getting several thousand messages daily for gid 116, sid 441 and gid
116, sid 442.

gid 116, sid 441: (icmp4) ICMP destination unreachable communication
administratively prohibited
gid 116, sid 442: (icmp4) ICMP destination unreachable communication
with destination host is administratively prohibited

The messages are all coming from the wide area network to my local network.

I've checked a number of the source addresses against
/usr/local/etc/lists/default.blocklist and don't get a match.

An example is 91.7.243.3 - Deutsche Telecom.
Another is 65.78.131.240 - Consolidated Communication

Any help with solving this would be much appreciated.

Jim