List:       snort-users
Subject:    [Snort-users] Snort alerts and extra information
From:       Kanan Alkanan via Snort-users <snort-users () lists ! snort ! org>
Date:       2017-09-20 4:36:00

I am using snort to detect some bad traffic in our system, however, I need =
to add more information to the logged alerts such as to which tenant the at=
tacker's ip address belongs, the network id? Assuming I have multiple tenan=
t however all private ips are duplicated over tenants, so it is not possibl=
e to tell which node cause the attack, so I am thinking to include the tena=
nt id, network id which are unique to each tenant and then attach the priva=
te ip of attacker to the proper tenant. Current snort alerts will not provi=
de these information, any help will be appreciated!

Can I modify snort.conf for this