List:       snort-users
Subject:    Re: [Snort-users] netflow input
From:       Matt Olney <molney () sourcefire ! com>
Date:       2009-11-25 16:36:24

Well....

You're looking at two very different detection methodolgies, so while
Snort does provide a detection engine and an alerting platform, it
really isn't geared towards statistical analysis, which is what you're
going to look for from netflow data.

Snort just isn't the tool for this.  Check out the other Netflow
options and failing that, throw flow-tools on a box and start
scripting up some perl logic.

Good luck

matt