List:       snort-users
Subject:    Re: [Snort-users] Extending CSV output plug-in
From:       Jason <security () brvenik ! com>
Date:       2008-03-03 4:36:07

Kamran Shafi wrote:
> Ok .... It is finally producing alert.csv but only when I dont use -A flag
> as you mentioned.
> Thanks for this tip Jason.

Happily, I wish you had tried it earlier.

> But what is going wrong? Why does snort log alerts in tcpdump and other
> formats with -A flag but not with csv? Do I need to set my path somewhere?

Absolutely nothing is wrong, it is clearly noted in the manual that
command line options override config options.

Your output for tcpdump is a log output, for csv it is an alert output,
-A console (Alert to console) overrides and alerts to console as you
requested.