List:       snort-users
Subject:    Re: [Snort-users] Thresholding problem: ERROR: *** threshold: gen_id / *** Invalid integer input: 0
From:       Rich Adamson <radamson () routers ! com>
Date:       2004-06-30 17:02:56

> > #Limit to logging 1 event per 60 seconds per IP triggering each rule for
> > each event generator:
> > threshold gen_id 0, sig_id 0, type limit, track by_src, count 1, seconds
> 60
> > However I get the error:
> >
> > ERROR: *** threshold: gen_id
> > *** Invalid integer input: 1
> > Fatal Error, Quitting

The readme.thresholding file included in the distribution indicates the
above syntax is incorrect. "gen_id 0" is not valid; choices are "limit,
threshold, both", and constructed something like:
  threshold: type limit, track by_src, count 1, seconds 60;

However, I'm having problems with this as well.

Rich