List:       snort-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Snort-sigs] lots of false positives for "GPL SQL user name buffer overflow attempt"
From:       rmkml <rmkml () yahoo ! fr>
Date:       2014-01-21 14:20:24

Hi Cyrille,

Please test with this new version please:

  alert tcp $EXTERNAL_NET any -> $SQL_SERVERS $ORACLE_PORTS (msg:"GPL SQL user name \
buffer overflow attempt"; flow:to_server,established; content:"connect_data"; nocase; \
content:"|28|user="; nocase; isdataat:1000,relative; content:!"|22|"; within:1000; \
content:!"|29|"; within:1000; \
reference:url,www.appsecinc.com/Policy/PolicyCheck62.html; classtype:attempted-user; \
sid:2102650; rev:4;)

Regards