List:       snort-sigs
Subject:    [Snort-sigs] TCP/UDP "trivial" ports?
From:       "Castle, Shane" <scastle () bouldercounty ! org>
Date:       2013-04-23 18:35:27

I see that using the chargen port for DDoS is happening: \
https://isc.sans.edu/diary/A+Chargen-based+DDoS+Chargen+is+still+a+thing+/15647

Now, I block all these both ways at my firewall (actually, on the outside, I think \
they are in a router ACL), but looking through the complete set of rules I don't see \
anything but one ("DOS UDP echo+chargen bomb",sid 271) that seems to address this \
port range of the TCP and UDP "trivial" (AKA "simple") ports. Has there ever been \
one? Should we have one?

--
Shane Castle
Data Security Mgr, Boulder County IT