List:       snort-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Snort-sigs] new rule for detecting VxWorks debugging reply access
From:       Eric G <eric () nixwizard ! net>
Date:       2012-06-20 1:17:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On Tue, Jun 19, 2012 at 5:40 PM, Tony Robinson <trobinson@sourcefire.com>wrote:

> I've seen this rule fire a couple of times in the past. Most times I've
> seen this rule tripped in the past, it was a vulnerability scanner
> attempting to scan a target.

+1.. same experience here. Our in-house vuln scanner causes this one to
fire off on its regularly scheduled scan dates.

If you know you don't have any VxWorks based devices (which might be
somewhat difficult to determine... there are a lot of RTOS embedded devices
that are VxWorks based, like newer Linksys WRT54Gs for example...) you
could disable that rule if it's generating a lot of noise

--
Eric