List:       snort-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Snort-sigs] SID:13310
From:       "Matt Watchinski" <mwatchinski () sourcefire ! com>
Date:       2008-11-12 20:44:02

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Got a pcap?

If so please send it to research [a t] sourcefire.com

and we'll give it a look to see if there is a good way to fix it.

Cheers,
-matt

On Wed, Nov 12, 2008 at 11:59 AM, Wallace, Jason <jason.wallace@talecris.com
> wrote:

> I seem to get a lot of false positives related to responses from IIS
> servers with SID:13310.
>
> Since this is specific to Apache, is there any reason it should not be
> updated with a simple...
>
> content:"Apache"; nocase;
>
> This would probably also cut down on the number of times this giant pcre
> would need to be evaluated.
>

> Thx,
> Jason

> Jason R. Wallace
> Talecris Biotherapeutics
> Information Solutions
> Sr. IS Security Analyst

Matthew Watchinski
Sr. Director Vulnerability Research Team (VRT)
Sourcefire, Inc.
Office: 410-423-1928