List:       snort-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Snort-sigs] Exploit attempt?
From:       Hugo van der Kooij <hvdkooij () vanderkooij ! org>
Date:       2005-04-05 21:12:49

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005, Michael Schwartzkopff wrote:

> Am Montag, 4. April 2005 17:02 schrieb Giles Coochey:

> > Should I attempt to report the source address to the appropriate
> > authority I get through a whois query?

> Good Joke !!!
> What do you do if this is in Russia or China? Do you really think that anybody
> there takes care about you call?

Most of the Russian ISP's do care and act upong complaints.
China forgot to implement abuse procedures when they started their big
roll out. Then they implemented them and got overwhelmed. It seems they
are now more or less in controll.

As with all countries some ISP's just do not care and I would like to see
those blacklisted at higher levels so their customer will vote by leaving
them.

At present I have more doubts about some ISP's in other area's like Italy,
france and Germany who run big networks but do not have adequate abuse
procedures.

Hugo.