List:       snort-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Snort-sigs] snort rules and -CURRENT for 2.1.3
From:       Burak DAYIOGLU <dayioglu () metu ! edu ! tr>
Date:       2004-06-29 5:25:52

Eric Jacobsen wrote:
> I hate to bring up a sore subject, but a few weeks back we
> determined that:
> snortrules-snapshot-CURRENT.tar.gz was for snort 2.1.3
> snortrules-snapshot-2_1.tar.gz was for snort 2.1.0 to 2.1.2
> snortrules-snapshot-2_0.tar.gz was for snort 2.0.x

Actually I am not comfortable with the current file naming scheme of the
rule files. I suggest naming rule snapshot files using a base prefix
"snortrules-snapshot-" etc. and using the version number in the middle
(e.g. "2_1_3") and the regular "tar.gz" as the postfix. If we have had
named the ruleset files in this manner for all released versions (most
of which will be simple sym-links to others) this would definitely solve
the ambiguity case with -CURRENT.

with regards.
--
Burak DAYIOGLU
Phone: +90 312 2103379                            Fax: +90 312 2101120