List:       snort-sigs
Subject:    Re: [Snort-sigs] ignore specific sid's ?
From:       "Moyer, Shawn" <smoyer () rgare ! com>
Date:       2002-08-15 1:52:42

Another thought in addition to Keith and Ian's comments (although I do
agree with you that adding a way to create an "ignored-sids.rules" or
somesuch would be interesting): howzabout maybe an egrep -v of all the
distribution .rules files for the ignored sid's and then kicking all of
the rules into a single local rules file? Not a bad way to go, and it
would allow you to download the distribution nightly or whatever and
still keep some site-specific config. Definitely a lot quicker than the
old "cut / paste into local.rules, change action to pass" approach.

Nice thought on matching by SID, may give this a shot myself.

--shawn