List:       snort-devel
Subject:    Re: [Snort-devel] FYI: input data verification..
From:       Fyodor <fygrave () tigerteam ! net>
Date:       2000-08-30 21:57:15

~ :> Cool deal..... BTW I think after the next rel is done, we should
~ :> split the tree into Stable and Current a la fbsd. I pretty much run
~ :> it that way here in my local copies.  or maybe "snort" and
~ :> "snort-beta" cvs package names would be more appropriate and
~ :> commonly understood. Comments?
~ :
~ :This is an excellent idea. It seems this would make the transition to
~ :the new directory structure much easier. In fact, the work Fyodor has
~ :done on that so far would probably be a good starting point for
~ :snort-beta.
~ :

 So I am starting new module named snort-beta at sourceforge and
committing new directory structure there? Meanwhile we can fix up and
release 1.6.x by merging improvements from two other sourcetrees
(1.6.3-patch1 and current, I'd guess).