List:       snort-devel
Subject:    Re: [Snort-devel] Sourcefire vs Opensource signature Prioritys
From:       Leon Ward <seclists () rm-rf ! co ! uk>
Date:       2009-05-01 10:47:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

Hi.

<warning: Sourcefire employee trying to keep company promotion to a minimum
while still answering the question>

The priority keyword and rule classification mapping is used for event
"priority", however an extra and more valuable rating is also used that we
call "Impact".  More information about Impact can be found here:
http://www.sourcefire.com/products/3D/rna

-Leon