List:       snort-devel
Subject:    [Snort-devel] [ snort-Bugs-1274381 ] Databases & mysql 5.0
From:       "SourceForge.net" <noreply () sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2005-08-27 0:35:56

Bugs item #1274381, was opened at 2005-08-27 00:35
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=103357&aid=1274381&group_id=3357

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The mysql 5.0 version now has a new keyword. "schema".
In order to keep functional snort mysql database
backend with this version (and i think prior versions
works the same way), the table name "schema" must be
sourrounded by the character "`" in case the db backend
is mysql . I think that changing "create_mysql" in
schema directory and "spo_database.c" in
src/output-plugins should be sufficient.

the first should be something like this: (create_mysql).

23c23
< CREATE TABLE schema ( vseq        INT      UNSIGNED
NOT NULL,
---
> CREATE TABLE `schema` ( vseq        INT      UNSIGNED
NOT NULL,
26c26
< INSERT INTO schema  (vseq, ctime) VALUES ('106', now());
---
> INSERT INTO `schema`  (vseq, ctime) VALUES ('106',
now());

and the second (spo_database.c)

> #if defined(ENABLE_MYSQL)
>    if ( data->shared->dbtype_id == DB_MYSQL )
>    {
>       /* "schema" is also a keyword in MYSQL 5.0, so
indicate that we