List:       snort-devel
Subject:    [Snort-devel] Re: [Snort-sigs] what's the type of Pattrem matching slgorithm in
From:       Daniel Roelker <droelker () sourcefire ! com>
Date:       2004-09-14 17:34:13

Sekure is right . . . :) But for those that are interested,
www.idsresearch.org has the most recent paper on snort pattern
matching.  It's written by the snort team lead, Marc Norton.

http://docs.idsresearch.org/OptimizingPatternMatchingForIDS.pdf

[this is probably a better topic for snort-devel anyway]

Dan

On Tue, 2004-09-14 at 13:13, sekure wrote:
> google "snort pattern matching"
>
> I believe the answer to your question will be in the first document returned.

Daniel Roelker
Lead Snort Developer
Sourcefire, Inc.