List:       snap-users
Subject:    (KAME-snap 2131) Re: Mobile IPv6
From:       Mattias Pettersson <mattias.pettersson () era ! ericsson ! se>
Date:       2000-03-31 7:40:46

Epiphane Adokoe PLAKOO wrote:

> Please, I want to use the mobile IP fonctionnalities in IPv6 (kame-snap
> on Freebsd 3.4),  I configure a new kernel with "MIP6" item. Do I do the
> same configuration with all nodes of the network? What configuration may
> I do after on nodes.
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

Yes, all nodes (CN, MN and HA) should be configured with "options MIP6". Then
desired behaviour can be set with program "mip6config". More info is found in
kame/kame/kame/mip6config/README_MIP6.txt, but it's a bit blurry on this
subject, I must admit.

Basically
CN: don't do anything more
or just mip6config -a if you start at home.
HA: mip6config -g plus modify rtadvd.conf and run rtadvd with -m.

/Mattias