List:       snap-users
Subject:    (KAME-snap 9350) Re: Deprecation of spl*() APIs in FreeBSD 5.x
From:       Hajimu UMEMOTO <ume () mahoroba ! org>
Date:       2006-02-09 16:37:15

Hi,

>>>>> On Thu, 9 Feb 2006 18:29:46 +0800
>>>>> "Alan Chang" <ace@speed.cis.nctu.edu.tw> said:

ace> Do you mean NET_LOCK_GIANT()?

No, I mean NETISR_MPSAFE.

ace> I went through stack codes and found Giant-related mutexes are optional by the
ace> flag debug_mpsafenet. The flag is default to disable and enable with IPSec only.
ace> Does this mean there will be no protection if IPSec is not defined?
ace> Or are there other Giant-related mutexes I missed?

You can find following line in ip6_input.c:ip6_init():

	netisr_register(NETISR_IPV6, ip6_input, &ip6intrq, 0);

The 4th argument is 0 which means IPv6 is not MPSAFE.

Sincerely,

ume@mahoroba.org  ume@{,jp.}FreeBSD.org
http://www.imasy.org/~ume/