List:       snap-users
Subject:    (KAME-snap 9344) Question about the snap license
From:       Jeremie Corbier <jeremie.corbier () resel ! enst-bretagne ! fr>
Date:       2006-02-07 7:27:29

Hi everybody,

I am packaging your dhcp6 for Debian and Ubuntu GNU/Linux as it is the
most mature DHCPv6 solution available to my mind. I have designed the
packaging as a source package named dhcpv6-kame which produces 3 binary
packages : dhcpv6-kame-client, dhcpv6-kame-relay and
dhcpv6-kame-server.

Now if I interpret correctly this part of the COPYRIGHT notice :

3. Neither the name of the project nor the names of its contributors
   may be used to endorse or promote products derived from this software
   without specific prior written permission.

I may not be allowed to use "kame" in the names of the different packages.

I had decided to call my packages dhcpv6-kame* because someone had
already filed an "Intend To Package" for dhcpv6.sf.net with dhcpv6 as
source package name.

Can I still keep "-kame" in the name of my packages or should I rename them?

Thanks in advance for your answers,

--
Jérémie Corbier
http://resel.enst-bretagne.fr/