List:       snap-users
Subject:    (KAME-snap 8418) Re: Kame compile problem Pentium
From:       Marco Molteni <mmolteni () cisco ! com>
Date:       2004-04-15 11:58:31

Antonio,

to know what is happening to your make, you should get a proper stack
trace, not just dig in the make.core:

Build and install a "make" command with debugging symbols:

  cd /usr/src/usr.bin/make
  make clean
  make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g
  make DEBUG_FLAGS=-g install

Now cd into your kame directory and redo the command that generates
the make.core (be sure to remove the old make.core before so to verify
that you actually are generating a core)

Then load the core in gdb and print a stack trace (see the line with "bt"
in it):

  gdb /usr/bin/make -core make.core
  Core was generated by `make'.
  Program terminated with signal 6, Aborted.
  #0  0x080612a7 in wait4 ()
  (gdb) bt
  #0  0x080612a7 in wait4 ()
  #1  0x08061138 in wait ()

I will not be able to help you more because I am not a make expert,
but at least you will know what is happening, and you could open
a bug report on FreeBSD: http://www.freebsd.org/send-pr.html

Marco