List:       snap
Subject:    RE: [SNAP] Network features in Rel 1.0.5
From:       "Christian Blixt" <christian.blixt () imsystech ! com>
Date:       2007-04-03 9:01:22

Hi,

OK, then the high multicast traffic is probably the cause. The symptoms seem
consistent with multicast overload.

We have fixed this in two ways: the efficiency of multicast filtering has
been greatly improved, and multicast reception is now turned off in hardware
when not used. This will all be available in the next firmware release,
which will be released next week if nothing comes up to prevent that. There
is not much you can do at the moment, I think.

You can force the Ethernet PHY to 10 Mb/s. Use the se.imsys.system.MDIO
class to modify the PHY's internal registers. You have SNAP modules of
revision D or earlier, right? Then the attached excerpt from the PHY
datasheet will give you the details of the registers. I think if you clear
bits 8 and 7 of register 4 and then set bit 9 of register 0 the link will go
to 10 Mb/s.

Regards,

Christian Blixt
Tel: +46 (0)8 594 110 82