List:       snap
Subject:    Re: [SNAP] RTS CTS flow control on serial1
From:       Dan LaRue <dlarue () plumsoftware ! com>
Date:       2007-03-30 14:17:12

Giorgio,

Seems like you are doing it correctly.  If you scope the TX pin, I
assume you see bytes going out.

To get some clues, you can not send bytes out TX and try direct
control of RTS using SerialPort.setRTS() and looking at it with your Oscope.

My other thought is somehow you have to configure OUT1, but I can't
find anything on that in the doc.  So it seems once you do
SNAP.setRTSCTSFlowControlEnable(1,true), that the pin becomes a
dedicated RTS output.

Sorry, I can't be more helpful.
Dan LaRue

At 05:40 AM 03/30/07, you wrote:
>I am studying a modification on my socket board to enable RTS/CTS flow
>control on serial1 port.
>
>In my application I configure the serial1 port as follows:
>
>sp = (SerialPort) CommPortIdentifier.getPortIdentifier("serial1").open("RS",
>5000);
>
>SNAP.setRTSCTSFlowControlEnable(1,true);
>
>sp.setFlowControlMode(SerialPort.FLOWCONTROL_RTSCTS_OUT |
>SerialPort.FLOWCONTROL_RTSCTS_IN);
>
>sp.setSerialPortParams( baud, databits, stopbits, parity);
>
>Then I link the oscilloscope probe to the RTS SNAP pin (pin number 71) to
>analyze it, but during bytes trasmission it is always 0 Volt.
>
>What I got wrong?
>Please I need an answer very quickly, before Monday bu better within
>today...
>
>Regards.

Dan LaRue                               Plum Software Associates
Senior Systems Engineer          94 Northern Blvd.
dlarue@plumsoftware.com         Newbury, MA 01951
Phone: 978.590.8555                 Fax: 978.463.0510
www.plumsoftware.com

PRIVILEGED AND CONFIDENTIAL

This communication is from Plum Software Associates a division of P7
Technologies, LLC
and is intended to be confidential and solely for the use of the
persons or entities addressed
above.  If you are not an intended recipient, be aware that the
information contained herein
may be protected from unauthorized use by privilege or law, and any
copying, distribution,
disclosure, or other use of this information is prohibited.  If you
have received this
communication in error, please contact the sender by return e-mail or
telephone the above
number immediately and delete or destroy all copies.  Thank you for
your cooperation.