List:       snap
Subject:    RE: [SNAP] Capture inputs
From:       "?.?p??????a?" <kostasb () compulink ! gr>
Date:       2003-10-21 8:52:56

Capture inputs,
It is a matter i was about to target in the near future
I was thinking to develop a software driver for small impact printer
mechanisms.
The weak point of such an implementation, is the capture of the horizontal
position of the printing head(s).
A photo sensing mechanism generates pulses as the head is moving
horizontally, at a frequency of 2-3kHz.
In the software driver, a counter counts the pulses from the starting point
(a limit switch) and drives coils accordingly.
You may want to consider this kind of application  as well

Best Regards
Kostas