List:       snap
Subject:    RE: [SNAP] Serial port reset
From:       "Christian Blixt" <christian () imsys ! se>
Date:       2003-10-23 10:50:15

Hi,

Disregard my previous answer to this question, I accidentally hit the send
button before I had written anything :)

There is no way to do just a reset of the UART, but all three methods you
mention will reset it. If you for instance close and then open the port, it
is completely reset and has no memory of any previous errors. So I suppose
the problem must be that your GPS gets into a state where it sends malformed
data, and that resetting the UART therefore has no effect.

/Christian

Christian Blixt
Tel: +46 (0)8 594 110 82
christian.blixt@imsys.se