List:       smoothwall-talk
Subject:    Re: [Smoothwall-talk] Disconnect problems.
From:       "Phil Barnett" <midnight () the-oasis ! net>
Date:       2000-10-21 0:37:47

On 19 Oct 2000, at 15:14, Lawrence Manning wrote:

> > > if ($pppsettings{'COMPORT'} =~ /^ttyS[0-3]/)
> >
> > Ok, this is great!
> >
> > I'll be giving a SmoothWall presentation at our LUG meeting
> > tomorrow night (Thursday)
>
> Wow!  Tell us all how it goes.

Your product was quite well received. I started out by booting a
fully working version and then telling the room that I was going to
go out on a limb and not show them the version I brought from
home. Then, I proceeded to boot from CD and do an install. Five
minutes later, it was installed and running. Everyone was amazed.

Fifteen minutes later, we had gone through all the configuration
screens and dialed out to my provider. Once connected, several
people on another hub in the room ran a cable over to my demo
hub and within a few more minutes, we had 6 computers on the
internet. (of course, via a 56k modem, you can't do much with 6
computers)

> > Now, if the keyboard typed all the correct characters, We'd be off
> > to the races!
>
> Heh.  Change:
>
> loadkeys /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/uk.kmap.gz

> loadkeys /usr/lib/kbd/keymaps/i386/qwerty/us.kmap.gz
>
> in /etc/rc.d/rc.sysinit

Yep, that did it.

Many of the people are going to need either NIC to NIC support or
DSL/ADSL/ISDN/CableModem support. But, it's clear that there
are lots of relevant uses for it as it stands.

--
              Phil Barnett  mailto:midnight@the-oasis.net
                       WWW  http://www.the-oasis.net/