List:       smoothwall-talk
Subject:    Re: [Smoothwall-talk] Web Site on Smoothwall mods
From:       Lawrence Manning <lawrence () aslak ! demon ! co ! uk>
Date:       2000-10-07 14:06:31

On Sat, 7 Oct 2000, Shaun Moran wrote:

Hi there,

> FYI I have started up a Web Site talking about some mods and fixes I
> have made to my Smoothwall setup.
>
> Its at http://www.angelfire.com/linux/smoran/smoothwall.htm
>
> BTW - I have a Fix for the LCP 7/8 bit dial issue there as well.

Yup, I am keen to find out more about this.

Basically the fix is to remove the asyncmap and escape options from the
call to pppd in /etc/ppp/ppp-on.  It dosn't have any detremental effect
for me at least. :) If others can check this out, I'd be very greatful.

> P.S. - Should have an additional web page created in the next couple
> of days to utilise the portfwd command to redirect ports for stuff
> like voice chat programs - all with a nice pretty web interface.

Sounds great!  You should know, though, that portfwd will hopefully be
replaced with a kernel module.  The userspace deamon is nice, but it has
the problem where the remote IP is lost to the forwarded program.  It also
(apparently) has reliability problems, though personally I haven't seen
these.  I hope this dosn't put you off working on it, and I'll definetly
include your poftwd page.

Lawrence