List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [smarty] Re: HTTP_*_VARS acces
From:       Andrei Zmievski <andrei () ispi ! net>
Date:       2001-06-28 15:41:27

On Thu, 28 Jun 2001, Tomas Sanchez Romani wrote:
> The first way looks much better, but what happened to the mixed GET and POST
> ? what about having theese directly under $smarty.request?
>
> example:
>
> HTTP_POST_VARS["name"] == "fred"
> HTTP_POST_VARS["day"] == "friday"
> HTTP_GET_VARS["visit"] == 2
> HTTP_GET_VARS["day"] == "saturday"
>
> $smarty.request.name == "fred" == $smarty.request.post.name
> $smarty.request.visit == 2 == $smarty_request.get.visit
> $smarty.request.day == "saturday" == $smarty.request.post.day !=
> $smarty.request.get.day
>
> Post overrides Get or the otherway.

Once again, I don't think the variables should be availabe directly
under $smarty or $smarty.request -- they need to be separated. Not to
say that there couldn't be an array combining GET and POST vars (which
one takes precedence is to be decided).

-Andrei

"Someone clearly thinks that C is a garbage collected language"
 -- Morten Welinder

---
You are currently subscribed to smarty as: smarty@progressive-comp.com
Visit Smarty's homepage at http://www.phpinsider.com/php/code/Smarty/