List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [smarty] Re: FW: safe mode ... sigh ...
From:       "Andreas Aderhold" <a.aderhold () thyrell ! de>
Date:       2001-06-27 17:59:34

Him,

> How is everyone else's take on this? Is the dependancies of the PEAR
> libararies causing more problems than they are worth? I believe Smarty
> currently uses PEAR for some error handling in the Config_File class. We
> could certainly remove this, but I'd hate to remove this and then come
> back to PEAR dependancies at a later date if Smarty uses PEAR for
> something else.

I think it's not a problem of smarty if the provider uses crippled (ok, ok,
"very secure") setups. PEAR is a default PHP addition as well as the mysql,
xml, or something else are default extension with the only exception that
it's written in PHP itself. And that's not drawback, imho. It's good code
and one should use it. As I said it is 'default' and if not installed by
default its no problem to copy the PEAR.php to the include path.

Smarty should keep using Pear, my optinion.

Andi

---
You are currently subscribed to smarty as: smarty@progressive-comp.com
Visit Smarty's homepage at http://www.phpinsider.com/php/code/Smarty/