List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [SMARTY] Re: iconv doesn't work in smarty application issue.
From:       84.22.9.9
Date:       2006-01-13 12:32:58

chen jin wrote:
> Hi!
>  I just begin learning smarty,when I rewrite an application with
> smarty,  I encounter a strange problem .the following simple
> statement,seems doesn't work:
>
>  $somestr = iconv("UTF-8","GB2312",$somestr);
>
> when I move to another application directory,It works.  so I think it
> just doesn't work in an smarty application directory.
> but why?how can I use iconv in smarty?
> besides,mb_convert_encoding doesn't work either.
>
> any help is highly appricated!

this doesn'y look like smarty problem, but local apache conf problem.
Check for file .htaccess in your smarty application dir (document root).
If it exists open it and look for "AddDefaultCharset       UTF-8" or
similar and change it to desired charset (and restart apache).

Cheers

--
Ognyan Bankov
http://www.metatotem.com/