List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [SMARTY] Using objecs instead of arrays [WAS: Deep access of associative array
From:       Tom <tom.barrett () edevteam ! com>
Date:       2004-04-30 9:50:09

Hi Jochem.

Jochem Maas wrote:
> regardless of the fact that you solved the problem I thought it might be
> interesting to point out that using an object might make things a little
> easier on the eyes/brain.

[*Small TomObj Class Snipped*]

Yes, this is a very good suggestion. Often when these kinds of arrays
get built, looking at using an object is a good idea. And I would most
likely agree that the snippet I used to represent my problem could be
better tackled with an object.

ASIDE: Will {$foo->selection[$foo->selected]} work with Smarty 2.5.0?

Either way, due to the 'bigger' picture of the whole project, I will be
sticking with arrays in this particular instance. Thanks though! :)