List:       smarty-general
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY] Search function - possible to search compiled or cached templates?
From:       Gabriel Birke <birke () kontor4 ! de>
Date:       2004-02-20 8:11:42

> But I don't know how to easily create a search function for searching
> all these content pages/templates and don't know if it's at all
> possible to search through the compiled templates - and what to do if
> the compiled template doesn't exist... :-/

Hmm, if you want to have a searchable web site, maybe you shouldn't
search the compiled/cached templates. Without creating an index, the
search can be quite resource intensive.
Perhaps this will help: http://www.htdig.org/
It is a free search engine for web sites. This approach ensures that
the templates are filled with data from the DB.

Hope this helps.

Gabriel

--
KONTOR4_Neue Medien