List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [SMARTY] Search function - possible to search compiled or cached templates?
From:       212.130.112.16
Date:       2004-02-19 17:39:39

Hi smarty experts

I have a working smarty setup with one "master template" containing the entire pagelayout and
several content templates which are included into the master template.

What I would like is a search function which could easily search through the content templates. The
problem is that the content templates sometimes contain smarty-tags which are replaced by db-data
when compiled. Some of the content templates are more or less only plain text (html) whereas others
depend heavily on processed information from databases. Each content template are associated with a
custom made php-file containing the relevant PHP code to create the dynamic content for the
template. The reason for using several small php-files is to avoid one (extremely) big file being
included (and to a small degree processed) each time a page is requested - furthermore it's a more
modular and flexible structure with several small files.

But I don't know how to easily create a search function for searching all these content
pages/templates and don't know if it's at all possible to search through the compiled templates -
and what to do if the compiled template doesn't exist... :-/

I've tried searching the mailing lists as well as the web for something related to this problem but
I haven't been able to come up with anything!

Hope somebody can help!

Cheers,

Tommy Ipsen