List:       smarty-general
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY] plugin & assign weirdness
From:       Luc Saint-Elie <luc () saint-elie ! com>
Date:       2004-02-16 7:34:11

Le 16 févr. 04, à 03:34, David Spreekmeester a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> Writing a function plugin for Smarty, I keep on running in to the
> problem of using assign() to set a template variable. This doesn't
> seem to work as it should if I understand the manual correctly.
>
> Returning a value from the function works fine, but when I try to
> assign a variable to the template ($smarty->assign), nothing comes
> through in the output nore in the debug console.

David,

I'm not certain to understand the question perfectly but, I use polug
ins this way:

<?php
/*
  * Smarty plugin
  * -------------------------------------------------------------
  * File:     function.getedito.php
  * Type:     function
  * Name:     getedito
  * Purpose:  Afiche le dernier edito en ligne
  * -------------------------------------------------------------
  */
function smarty_function_getedito($params, &$smarty)
{
	$dsn =
"mysql://".$smarty->user.":".$smarty->pass."@".$smarty-
 >host."/".$smarty->db_name;
	.. PEAR initialization

	$sql = "SELECT * FROM ".$smarty->edito_tbl." WHERE enligne ='1'";
	$result = $smarty->db->query($sql);
	if (DB::isError($result)) {
	die ($result->getMessage());
	}

	while ($row = $result->fetchRow(DB_FETCHMODE_ASSOC)) {
			$donnees[] = array(
						'idedito'		=>$row['idedito'],
						'datesaisie'	=>$row['datesaisie'],
						'titre'			=>$row['titre'],