List:       smarty-general
Subject:    [SMARTY] evaluate data recursive
From:       Patrick Pletscher <debian () galaxysoft ! ch>
Date:       2004-01-30 17:15:40

Hi,

I have created a PHP script which creates a tree out of an XML file
which represents the navigation of my website.

Here the datastructre:

 class Node {
        var $name;
        var $link;
        var $id;
        var $childs = array();
 }

I'd like now to show this navigation in the smarty style (of course I
could do a simple recursive echo in my PHP script), but I wanna do it
nicely. But how do so? I search a way to handle recursive datastructes
in the way of {foreach ...} {/foreach}...

Do I have to make a plugin or is there an easy solution for this? How do
you make similar things in your projects?

Thanks a lot in advance, sincerly

Patrick