List:       smarty-general
Subject:    Re: [SMARTY] sir ,this is a question about smarty
From:       Duncan Hill <smarty () nacnud ! force9 ! co ! uk>
Date:       2003-11-30 11:22:39

On Thursday 27 November 2003 22:30, Ahmed Said wrote:
> Dear sir,

Woo, someone called me 'sir'!  Urr.. wait, I'm not the only person on the
mailing list.. bother.

> please, i got a question about smarty install.
> in fact, i don't know the structure of my folders to put the *.tpl in, i
> guess something is wrong, as after i put ini_set() with the path of the
> libs of smarty,  message appeares :

Read The Fine Manual.  Specifically, the one at smarty.php.net, and even more
specifically, the section entitled 'Installation'.  To be even more specific
than that, read the subsection of Installation called 'Basic Installation'.
Read it carefully, the example labeled 2-9 is should clarify it all.